Sean B. Swords, Associate Attorney
Sean has dedicated his professional life to helping individuals who have been injured due to the carelessness of large corporations and insurance companies. Sean represents the families of wrongful death victims in addition to handling product liability suits and other personal injury cases. He received a B.B.A., summa cum laude from Texas Tech University in 2013 and earned his law degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 2016. During law school, Sean was a Notes and Comments Editor for the SMU Science & Technology Law Review and a representative in the Student Bar Association. Sean has served on the Board of Directors for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Sexual Abuse Cases
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Device Litigation
- Auto Defects
- Personal Injury
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Texas, 2016
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D. – 2016
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A. summa cum laude – 2013
Verdicts and Representative Cases
- Membreno vs. City of Austin d/b/a Austin Energy, et al., Travis County, Texas, June 2019 – $9,360,000.00 jury verdict.
- Padron et al. vs. The Texas Department of Transportation, Travis County, Texas, November 2018 – $5,232,994.00 jury verdict (No. 1 Government Negligence Verdict in the State of Texas in 2018).
- Dishman et al. vs. MLAW Consultants & Engineers, Travis County, Texas, October 2018 – $589,422.00 jury verdict (No. 1 Engineering Malpractice Verdict in the State of Texas in 2018).
- City of Austin d/b/a Austin Energy vs. Membreno, Third Court of Appeals, Austin, July 2018 – preserved longstanding Texas law that a minor child does not need to prove paternity prior to trial in a wrongful death case.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
Austin Young Lawyers Association
Bastrop County Bar Association
tel: (512) 478-2211